Under The Moon | Do As Infinity

complete lyric with english translation and video clip


"Under The Moon" [!!]
Performed by: Do As Infinity (Tomiko Van)
Lyrics: Tomiko Van
Composition: Dai Nagao ("D.A.I")
Arrangement: D.A.I & Seiji Kameda
º Do As Infinity = Tomiko Van (vocals/lyrics), Ryo Owatari (guitar/vocals/lyrics), Dai Nagao (Composition & Arrangement)

Song from:
[1 album] - Do The A-Side
[1 CD single] - under the sun / under the moon

>>Layout Designed by: Oasis_heart3 (WAFTF)
>>Translation & Romaji by: Stranger (WaxinLyrical.com)




Ameagari no nureta ASUFARUTO (Asphalt) ni
Nagai kage ga ukandeimashita
Sore wa totemo kirakira shiteite
Kyuu ni namida afurete kimashita [1]

Kimi ga michibita ibara no michi de
Chi o nagashite sabite yuku [2]

Mune no oku soko de uzuku [3]
Modaeru karada o
Umi ni shizumetai
Nozomanai yami no mukou [3]
Furueru watashi o tsuki ga waratteta

Tsukuri kakete sugu ni akiramete
Riyuu mo naku kowashite shimatta
Sore wa itsumo katachi nai mono de
Nakushita ato hajimete kizuku mono

Kimi o dakishimeta ude ga
Jama nara fumitsubushite
Shimaeba ii [*]

Unmei no ito ni makare
Mi ugoki dekizu ni
Tsumazuite bakari [3]
Oto no nai sekai nante
Kimi ga ita to shite mo
Ikiru imi mo nai [4]

Kimi no senaka osu te o
Tomenaide
Saigo made mitodokete [5]

Unmei no ito ni makare
Mi ugoki dekizu ni
Tsumazuite bakari
Oto no nai sekai nante
Kimi ga ita to shite mo
Ikiru imi mo nai

Wagamama ni toorisugiru
Hateshinai yami o ikutsu mo kazoeta
Todakanai sora ni utau
Konna watashi o tsuki ga terashiteita

The sky clears, and upon the rain-soaked asphalt,
A long shadow is cast afloat.
Suddenly, they burst forth, overflowing,
Tears that sparkle as the stars do. [1]

Down the path of thorns you've led me on,
My blood flows, and turns to rust. [2]

It hurts, down, down in the depths of my heart, [3]
Ah, but for my body, wracked with pain,
To be lost into the sea.
Beyond, beyond the darkness that was not of my choosing, [3]
The moon laughs at my shivering self.

I set out for creation, yes, but I soon tired
Without a reason, no, all I made I sent to destruction.
That's all it'll remain as, something shapeless and formless.
Something I'll only begin to notice was there after it's gone.

If these arms I'm holding you with are a bother,
All you have to do trample down upon them,
And that'll be fine. [*]

Caught up in the threads of destiny,
I'm paralyzed, unable to move,
And I fall, I fall. [3]
A world devoid of sound,
Even you, I think, could find little meaning,
In life in a world like that. [4]

Your hand, pushing me forth on my back...
Don't ever stop, please --
Until the end comes for me. [5]

Caught up in the threads of destiny,
I'm paralyzed, unable to move,
And I fall, I fall.
A world devoid of sound --
Even you, I think, could find little meaning,
In life in a world like that.

In my selfishness, I've gone and passed through
Numerous patches of endless darkness.
Singing to a sky I know my song will never reach,
The moon shines upon me like this.



Translator's Notes:
[!!] (from Oasis_heart3): During the instrumental break, listen carefully!! You'll hear classical music. (^^) Apparently, DAI likes Bach.
...Also, yes. The title *is* spelled in all lowercase. Even though it's grammatically incorrect. >_<;; [1] No direct references to stars here, but since "kirakira" IS often used to describe the stars twinkling, I thought I must as well bring that in. You know, under the moon, stars, various night time references...

[2] I've been unable to get a good grip on exactly who does what in this song, but what appears in the translation are my best guesses. Alternatively, it could very well be that the person who's bleeding is whom the singer is singing to, and that it's the singer who's putting her hand on the guy's back and pushing him on, or any combination of the 4.

[*] (from Oasis_heart3): The lyrics all say "shimaeba ii", but it sounds like Van's singing "shimareba ii". If that's true, then "shimareba" probably comes from the word "shimaru", which means "to strangle or constrict". So basically, the translation would be the same. (I think. >_<)

[3] These are deliberate repeatings of words I made to give a more, umm, lyrical feeling. :P
There's no mention of this in the original lyrics. However, if you're wondering about "I fall, I fall" ("tsumazuite bakari"), that repetition can be made with support of the original lyrics.

[4] This is one of the problem lines in the songs -- what appears is the best I could come up with. Another reading which might kind of make sense is "Even if that's was what you wanted, I can't find any meaning in living in such a world (without sound)".

[5] Ok, the dictionary meaning of "mitodokete" is "to make sure of, to ascertain", but I seem to recall encountering the term (in my stolen volume 31 of One Piece, *sniffsniff*) as also having a meaning of "Seeing you off" (just before the person dies). That certainly goes well with the "saigo" that precedes it, which means "One's last moment, one's time of death".

Comments

  1. Hello, I've always loved this song, great effort of yours to translate it.
    I want to know wich Bach's song is payed within the isntrumental part you mentioned.
    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment