Enter Samsung Galaxy Note | Bye HTC Desire

I finally sell off my htc desire and bought a samsung galaxy note. Htc desire was a great phone on its heir days, except those day where we have to went through a lot of hassle just to tweak our phone with custom is gone, at least for me.


The main reason, other than to get custom appearance / interface for most to tweak their phone with custom ROM are to achieve higher storage space due to limited internal memory for install app, overclocking, to save battery and of course.. Its cool to root your phone. But those days are like the 80's rock fashion. Its cool, glam.. But if we really ask - none of us really want to be back then. Except, for the hardcore remain.


I went from stock sense ROM to rooted (eclair), then followed by oxygen ROM & Defrost (froyo), Cyanogen 6 and 7 (gingerbread), MIUi and... Oh sorry i cant remember my last and final ROM. I did S-Off on my final ROM using REVOLUTION tools (will write about it later).


Theres a pro & cons on every ROM. But the main problem with desire is its camera which tends to produce under-exposed image and small internal memory. My Blackberry 9780 which having a 5mp camera similar to desire is able to produce better image generally.


I did try Data2SD with MUIU ROM, but it was not stable as the app tends to corrupt and caused force close after weeks of installation. Probably problem with read/write mechanism. This the main reason why i change to my final ROM. Its based on stock with no Data2SD script.


I did S-off but didnt really manage to repartition my nand as at that time my mind was already on the Samsung Galaxy Note =)

There is an app in the android market which will allow user to link their app 2 SD without need of installation of any script. I did give it a try, but it seems not working as even the app claimed it has succesfully linked my app to SD, i still running out of internal memory.


With huge number of app in android market nowadays, you dont want to be left out. So bye HTC Desire - enter Samsung Galaxy Note!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.2

Comments