Pioneer P80RSII DLS Ultimate Focal [Full HD 3D]

The term 'SQ' or 'Sound Quality' for in car audio system is for system that emphasize on sound quality output rather than loud, or in other word 'SPL' @ 'Sound Pressure Loud'.

I am into SQ since i'm into car audio about 3 years ago. Started with an Alpine's entry level HU, 9870E. The first thing that I bought was a monoblock, Alpine MRP-M850 with a pair of Boschmann 8" 400 watts max subwoofer which was installed on the rear speaker mounting running free-air (infinite baffle by the rear trunk).

The subs serves me for 3 years before I bought a 12" W1 JL audio subwoofer recently. JL subs allow me to play different range of frequency spectrum compared to my free-air 8 inch. I tuned the lowpass to 25khz for the JL to play for soft / no-thumping but air moving bass.


I also used Pioneer FH-P6050UB (2 pre-out) head unit and Pioneer 4 channel GM-4300F amplifier before.

FH-P6050UB is quite acceptable, just that it have limited pre-out. It can play rock song very well since as its sound more on the warm side. I also used a MTX Electronic 2/3 Crossover LSX2 with this HU before for 3 way active setting. However, adding another device in between headunit and amplifier would potentially generate noise and also lost of power due to the voltage differences. Pioneer 4 channel GM-4300F also quite a decent performer. However, its a bit harsh and certain frequency which need proper tuning especially if you playing many type of music.

My final upgrade to date: DLS Ultimate tweeter, Pioneer P80 RSII, Focal Solid 4, Rogers Hifi woofer, Alpine MRP-M850, JL audio subwoofer - 12 inch W1. Running on full 2 way active with custom TA.



Note: Video was taken with Samsung Galaxy Note on full HD setting (indiretly this article also can serve as review for Note) 3D effect rendering was done with Corel VideoStudio ProX4

As of April 2013, I have added three 'legendary' equipment to my setup :)

My current setup:
Pioneer P99RS
Mcintosh 4 channel amplifier
Xetec Gravity G1200 MK2 Digital amplifier monoblock (THD < 0.2 %)

Below is the video playing a Sheffield Lab Test CD, track no. 4


Hope you'll enjoy it. Appreciate your comment on the setup

Comments

  1. what is the title of that song?? it's sounds great with your system..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks.. she really a great singer. the song is 'Field of Gold', singer is Yao Si Ting

    ReplyDelete
  3. okeeyy.. thanks a lot.. hmmmhh.. i wish i have a great system like you do.. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment